Written by: Ava Elliott, Marketing Intern and Future Dietitian
Reviewed by: Devon Kroesché, MS, RDN, LDN
I sometimes think back to when I first moved into an apartment during college and started cooking for myself all the time. Being a busy college student, I tried to experiment with recipes that I could make multiple servings and have a meal prepped for the week. Although sometimes I’m tired of the flavors by the end of the week and need a new meal idea. I like foods with variation, so I do not get sick of the flavor; this recipe is just that. My friend shared this with me, and I still make it to this day. These chicken fajitas are not only very flavorful, but also practical. You can eat it with tortillas and guac, made a chicken and rice bowl, or a plate of nachos.What You’ll Need: (for 5-6 servings)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 bells peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- ¼ tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Sour cream
- Pinch of cilantro
What To Do: (It will take less than 30 mins!)
- Mix seasonings well in a small bowl.
- Coat pan in olive oil and sprinkle seasoning on both sides of the chicken. Press seasoning into the chicken.
- Cook for about 8 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Prep bell peppers and onions while chicken is cooking. Rinse and thinly slice.
- Remove chicken once cooked to a plate and add peppers and onion to the same pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice chicken and add it back to skillet once peppers and onion are done sautéing.
- Add lime juice, stir, and serve with tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, and/or salsa.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and the nutrients it provides. For example, chicken is a good source of protein and peppers vitamins and minerals. Fun fact: bell peppers are one of the best sources of vitamin C! Adding chicken (protein), peppers (veggie), and tortillas (grain) to your plate is a great way to incorporate multiple food groups into a meal.Share a picture of your dish and tag us @CaseSpecificNutrition on social media. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with one of our dietitians, email email@example.com. Maybe you do not have time to cook right now? In that case, visit Case Specific Meal Prep.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.