Dietitians have been long-time fans of the Mediterranean diet for its heart health benefits, but a recent study published by the British Medical Journal have found new benefits for gut health, specifically for the elderly.
We decided that is a good enough reason to share with you one of our favorite Mediterranean-inspired salad recipes. Enjoy!
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium feta
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 15 oz can chick peas, drained (optional)
- Make dressing by whisking together olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (separation is normal, just mix/shake it up again before using).
- Toss together the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- drizzle dressing on top as desired, and it is ready to serve!
An Extra Tip
To add a little crunch to your salad, consider roasting the chick peas! I recommend drizzling them with 1 Tbsp olive oil, dusting them with paprika and garlic salt, and roasting them on 400 degrees F in the oven for 20-30 minutes, tossing them periodically.
This is a huge salad that can easily be eaten throughout the week. To keep your salad fresh longer, keep the dressing in a separate container and drizzle it on right before you eat it.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.