- 3 cups unsalted almonds (or 1½ cup salted & 1½ cup unsalted) good source of fiber, healthy fats & a source of plant based protein
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower kernels excellent source of vitamin E & great source of copper and vitamin B1 (thiamin)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Optional: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
DirectionsBefore I became a homemade nut butter fanatic, I watched the instructional how-to video to become familiar with my blenders capabilities. If this is your first time attempting homemade nut butters, I recommend you do the same!
- Lightly toast nuts/seeds in oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until warm to touch, but not hot
- Add almonds, sunflower kernels and any spices into high-speed blender container (I use a Vitamix) and place the lid.
- Select variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then flip switch to high setting.
- Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, pressing from each other four corners of the container.
- Continue tamping until nut butter reaches desired consistency. If motor begins making a laboring noise, stop the blender and let rest, resume after 2-5 minutes.
- You can either manually mix in dried fruit or add and “stir” using blender
- Store in a recycled glass jar, mason jar or other airtight container, lick remnants from spatula and enjoy!
Note: This recipe can be made in a food processor or other high-speed blender, however consistency of end product may vary. Look into your blender’s capabilities before attempting to ensure you do not burn out your motor.Nutrition:
- Makes 16 servings · Serving size: 2 Tbsp
- 185 calories
- 8 g carb
- 16 g fat
- 6 g pro
Resources: Vitamix.com · USDA Food & Nutrient Database
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.