Recipe From Oprah.com
Thanksgiving is nearly here! Today we are sharing a recipe for maple-roasted butternut squash that screams fall and Thanksgiving! If you’re looking for one last side dish, look no further! The original recipe is credited to Oprah.com.
Not only is butternut squash delicious, it’s packed full of nutrients. This fiber-filled veggie also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Magnesium, and more! If you try out this recipe, be sure to tag us on social media! (@CaseSpecificNutrition).
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 60 min | Total: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 6
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 head of garlic separated but not peeled
- 2 TBSP good olive oil
- 2.5 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta chopped
- 16 whole fresh sage leaves
- French bread (for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Peel and remove seeds from butternut squash, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubed squash in a baking dish alongside the unpeeled garlic cloves. The baking side should be large enough to hold everything all in one layer.
- Toss garlic and cubed squash with olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until squash begins to brown. Turn everything once during baking.
- Sprinkle pancetta and sage leaves evenly over squash and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until squash and garlic are tender and caramelized.
- Season to taste. Serve alongside French Bread. Guests can spread the roasted garlic onto the bread.
If you try out this recipe and want to tag us on social media @CaseSpecificNutrition, we would love to see your dish! Email Scheduling@CaseSpecificNutrition.com if you would like to make an appointment with one of our dietitians to talk about more recipes and your health goals. If you do not have time to cook this week, consider ordering from Case Specific Meal Prep!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.