Super Bowl Sunday is a great opportunity to break up the harsh winter with a fun and relaxing get together with friends. It is also a day when many people forget all about their New Year's diets, mindlessly grub down on wings, pizza, and ALL the queso - only to wake up in a confused and bloated state (not to mention, quite likely, with a bellyache). This can lead to a feeling of regret that's totally unnecessary. This regret is sometimes even powerful enough to knock you out of the healthy routine you've been working on. That shouldn't be the case! Tomorrow night, I hope that you enjoy some snacks, maybe even a few drinks, and get right back to business as usual on Monday. To help with this, here are 3 snack ideas that are so delicious, you'll forget they're healthy too!
New & Improved Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp spice ranch seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Mozzarella cheese, hot sauce and ranch seasoning until blended together.
- Slowly mix in chicken breast.
- Transfer to cast iron skillet.
- Put in oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Optional: Broil for 1-3 minutes to get crispy on top! (Makes 6 servings)
Turkey Taco Lettuce Cups
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
2 cloves garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp chili powder (preferably 2 tsp regular chili powder and 1 tsp ancho chili powder)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Iceberg or Romain lettuce leaves , doubled up, for serving
Shredded Mexican cheese , diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, light sour cream, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced. Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.
Avocado Shrimp Salsa
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb shrimp large, shells removed and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 medium avocados peeled and chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook on both sides until the shrimp turns pink, should not take more than 2 minutes for the first side and 1 minute for the second side.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and chop into small pieces. Add chopped shrimp to a large bowl.
- To the same bowl add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and cilantro.
- In another small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salsa. Toss everything together well.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
So no matter what team you're rooting for, or even if you don't care who wins because you just came for the snacks and free beer, I hope you have a great time tomorrow and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and ready to conquer the week. Happy eating!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.