Because plain ol' pasta salad is for amateurs.
By: Devon L Kroesche, Social Media Intern
Confession: As a lifelong vegetarian, my favorites at any BBQ is always the SIDES. This Fourth of July, my plate was piled up with two of my go-to's, pasta salad and corn on the cob. Of course, this inspired me to combine the two into a creative side dish that will impress all of your fellow BBQ goers.
For this dish, I used Banza cavatappi pasta, but feel free to switch it up. I'm a big fan of chickpea pasta for the slow digesting carbohydrates and higher protein content, but whole grain pasta is also a great option. And you don't have to use cavatappi pasta either. Macaroni, elbow, and rigatoni all do very well in pasta salad.
What You'll Need:
- 5 ears of corn, or 2.5 cans
- one box of Banza cavatappi pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup cojita cheese (alternative option: queso fresco)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
What to Do:
- If using ears of corn, boil for around 5 minutes in salty water. Allow to cool and then cut kernels off the cob.
- Cook pasta al dente and set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise and Greek yogurt until evenly mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, pasta, red onion, green onion and jalapenos.
- Add mayonnaise-Greek yogurt mixture and mix until even.
- Add lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and salt and black pepper.
- Top with Cojita cheese and cilantro. Serve chilled.
Other optional add-on's: black beans, diced cucumber or tomato, avocado. Get creative!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.