Written by: Ava Elliott, MS, RD
Are you starting to be in the mood for a big bowl of stew or soup? Me too, thanks to this preview of fall weather in Pittsburgh. The following recipe is adapted from Food & Wine and is a cozy, spicy dish to add some tofu and veggies to your weeknight rotation. Tofu is a high source of plant-based protein packed with all nine essential amino acids our bodies needs through food. It also provides other nutrients like calcium and potassium to nourish your body and support bone health.What You’ll Need:
- 16 oz firm tofu
- 5 cups water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 zucchini, cut
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 scallions, cut
- 1 tbsp bonito flakes
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp fermented soybean paste
- 3 tbsp Korean chili paste
- 2 tsp gochugaru
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Serve with white rice and kimchi
What To Do:
- Simmer 5 cups water over medium heat in Dutch oven.
- While water is simmering, cut and drain tofu (half block) and set aside. Add bonito flakes and oyster sauce and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add fermented soybean paste, Korean chili paste, gochugaru, ginger, and garlic. Stir for about a minute or until paste dissolves.
- Chop tofu in bite-sized pieces. Also cut zucchini into thin slices, or as desired.
- Increase heat to medium-high heat and add in tofu, cabbage, zucchini, and onion and cook uncovered for about 4 minutes. Add in scallions and salt and cook until vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve with rice and kimchi and drizzle sesame oil and enjoy!
Please share a picture with us on social media if you make this delicious recipe @CaseSpecificNutrition. Have you seen Case Specific Meal Prep’s new site? If you are running out of time to cook, check out the delicious dietitian-approved meals and get rewards for referring a friend! You can always schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian by emailing us!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new products, special offers, and exclusive content from the CSN team.
Embarking on your wellness journey has never been easier. With multiple Case Specific Nutrition® locations, a healthier lifestyle is right around the corner. Visit our Locations page to find the Case Specific Nutrition center nearest to you and step into a world of tailored health and wellness support!
At Case Specific Nutrition®, we believe in providing personalized support every step of the way. Get in touch with our team today to get more information about our services, answer your specific health questions, or just say hello! Our friendly team is eager to hear from you.